Wednesday, March 11, 2009

First Wave of Publicity

I haven't been very good about updating my progress on Watch and Alert lately. I wanted to spend several minutes recapping on last week. I have been in touch with a friend of mine who works for the TBT, a local fun paper aimed at a young crowd. On Friday we agreed to sit down and have an interview. It was a completely different experience than I am use to, a worked myself up and got way too nervous. As I should have expected the converstaion was very casual and I left very comfortable telling the reporter my company background. Afterwards we had to have a photo taken, so a professional photographer came to meet us at a local park. Having my photo taken is not one of my favorite things by a long shot, but again I was pleasantly surprised how comfortable the photographer and reporter made me feel. It was a great experience! The best part of it is that I will finally have some local coverage this week. My article is supossed to run on Friday March 13! I am very excited. I hope that it opens up awareness about the need and the options for anyone with a medical condition.

No comments:

Post a Comment